Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Infomercial Hermit

I've had blogger's block (is that a thing?) for a few days because my days are all nearly exactly the same. I sleep, I eat, I think wistfully of my next meal and how far away it is, I work out, and I (very occasionally) work. My looming weight loss deadline has made me forgo social events because so many of them center around food and alcohol. Why torment myself by surrounding myself with things I can't have? Katie mentioned that she has not worn anything but workout clothes and her EMT uniform for a week. Since my work uniform IS workout clothes (yay 24 hour fitness), I've pretty much ONLY worn workout clothes. I did get to wear jeans two, count em, two times in the last seven days. Once out for a friends 21st birthday....mmmm, water...and once out to the Greek Festival where I pretended to hate gyros and spanakopita (also known as SpankaTopia, if you're in the know.) After those two torture sessions I've pretty much decided to lay low until this is done and focus on getting my butt kicked into a firmer, cuter shape by Mindy and eating spinach. I'm very lucky that two of my friends are in this with me so that we can be social while eating spinach. As for the rest of my social network, I shall see you in three weeks. And hopefully, by the end of this, when I go out with my friends I won't even want those things that I can't have anymore.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to Peter's end of summer BBQ on saturday.... I'm bringing Spinach. You coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more likely to go if I have a fellow spinach eater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't worn anything but work clothes and workout clothes either! it takes the thought out of getting ready for the day! It's been kinda nice! but I am looking forward to the next time I get to wear real clothes when I can wear a size smaller and feel really good!!

    and it really has been so much easier to be doing this along side you girls!! Thanks for your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey...i'm pretty supportive too. though, i'm sitting here eating ginger cookies while you're gone.

    and i am in the know.

    ReplyDelete