Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"I Don't Cook" OR "Day 1"

Things I learned today:
How to bake a chicken breast ( I know, I know...but it's a pretty big deal for me)
I really don't like scrambled eggs
I also don't like greek yogurt

Things I still need to learn:
How to NOT grab things straight out of the oven with my bare hands
How to make an over-medium egg
How to live off of a LOT less food than I'm used to

I'm sooooo hungry. Right about now I'd be toasting up myself a couple pieces of bread and lathering on the peanut butter and honey as a bedtime snack. Alas, that is not in the diet plan and I followed the meal plan today like a champ so I can't give up now.

Breakfast was nothing short of gross. As stated above I don't like scrambled eggs and adding a bunch of spinach that just, as Katie described it, gave me "squeaky" teeth did NOT help. On the next egg day I shall try something different. Also, eating an egg and a half and half a banana just made me more hungry, and I'm not even a fan of breakfast.

I spent the next hour and a half learning how to and then baking a chicken breast for my next two meals and then made myself go to Spin at 24 to give myself something to think about other than food. The moment I restrict my eating, I start obsessing over all things food related. But I guess if every time I get fixated on how hungry I am I go to the gym then I'll kick exta ass at the final weigh in.


Lunch was a much, much better. My first attempt at chicken was a success. It wasn't too dry and I wasn't starving for at least a half hour after I finished. Yay me!!



Then there was the wait to go to the first workout where I drank more water than maybe ever before just to make my stomach feel a little more full (the half a cup of strawberries, though delicious, not really filling.) Temptations were few until Deric brought home a tantalizing gyro but fortunately I was on my way out the door to go get my ass kicked by Mindy. And boy did she. Lunges, squats, more squats and then a few more just for good measure. Bending down to pick up the babies at work tomorrow might be a bit tough but so far there is minimal soreness. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, even if that means I have to lumber around Mindy's deck tomorrow plieing (probably not a word) like a wounded ostrich. Yes we start the ballet portion tomorrow. Yes I'm glad there will be no cameras.

Anyway, dinner was also delicious (salad doesn't count as cooking for me) and filling for at least 15 minutes. I skipped "desert" because greek yogurt just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll get used to it but it tastes a bit like whipped up feta. Deric tried to convince me to cheat by having regular good old fashioned cows milk yogurt but I thought it would be bad juju to cheat on the very first day. I can start that nonsense tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. i wish i had taken a picture of that gyro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deric you're just evil!!!

    Did you try the plain greek yogurt they gave us? If you did and still didn't like it then you probably don't like Greek yogurt! JoRuss go out and buy yourself plain fat free cows milk yogurt!!! It's not cheating!! The diet calls for plain fat free yogurt but doesn't specify Greek, they just bought that for us because they thought it would taste better than regular plain yogurt!!

    ReplyDelete